Thursday, August 21, 2008

A Fashion Statement

This concept was originally done as a band promotional shoot for a Minneapolis rock band I knew 30 years ago! The statement is just as valid for the fashion industry as the music industry. To add to the irony, the models and the make-up artist are the opposite of fashion industry wannabe's. The models are art and artistic nude models of extraordinary skill and beauty. I never expected to have to persuade models to let me shoot them with clothes on, but they were both great sports and accomodated my request. Next time we shoot ladies, no clothes. I promise!

Plain Jayne Jones and Iris Dassault (check out my link to her "Women of Avalon" blog) were gracious enough to get up before dawn on a Saturday to drive many miles for little compensation to work with someone they'd not met before. What pros they are.

And a special thanks to Lee Radcliffe who was our MUA, wardrobe stylist and reflector holder extraordinair! Her enthusiasm for the project was as great as mine and I can't wait to work with her again. She's also a very talented photographer in her own right.

I got many great shots of this particular concept, but the one above was the very first shot I took. A tribute to the professionalism of these ladies. Nailed it on the first shot!!!

2 comments:

|ris said...

This was so much fun to shoot! And it was nice to do an outdoor shoot without having to worry about getting caught :)
Truly - a pleasure shooting this concept with you!

mary said...

What a COOOOOOL photo.