Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Be better than anyone cheaper than you. Be cheaper than anyone better than you.


It's a bit over simplified, but this little bit of homespun wisdom is actually a good guide to value marketing. Whether it's photography, modeling, or any other commercial enterprise that depends on your skill and expertise, you need to know how to value your services in the marketplace. You don't have to be the best. You don't have to be the cheapest. You just have to present a value that satisfies buyers.

While this may be useful to Alien Photography as a commercial enterprise, this does not address the other aspect of my serious preocupation with photography: Art.

I'm currently in the process of discovering how much of Alien Photography will be dedicated to commercial enterprise, and how much I will do just for the sake of my love of the art of photography. I suspect that the former will help sustain the later, but standby for further developments on that front. I like both. And there's no reason they must be mutually exclusive.
Model: Miss Melibea

1 comment:

|ris said...

I love that line of wisdom, and it is so very true!
Miss Melibea is one beautiful lady!